I'm Louise, an independent filmmaker.
I was born and raised in Belgium but nowadays I'm spending my time in the never dull Austin Texas.
My heart is in documentary filmmaking as I’m deeply moved by people and their stories.
For over 5 years I’ve been working on several short and long term projects around the world, including Belgium, the Netherlands, Congo and the USA.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF PROJECTS
* director short documentary ‘The Conversation’ (VRT, 2020) TEXAS, USA
* co-director/writer short documentary ‘Buck Fever’ (Lionheart Productions, 2020) TEXAS, USA
* director/editor short documentary on music group KOJO (Met-X, 2019) BELGIUM
* camera work/editor live sessions performed by upcoming artists (Sabam for Culture, 2017-2019) BELGIUM
* camera work/editor live music performances (Met-X, 2017-2019) BELGIUM
* director/camera work/editor short documentary “Encounters” (KVLV, 2016) BELGIUM
* director’s assistant/camera work documentary “White Cube” by Renzo Martens (PVH film, 2014-2016) BELGIUM, CONGO, THE NETHERLANDS
MASTER IN THE AUDIOVISUAL ARTS - DOCUMENTARY (2014) RITCS, School of Arts, BELGIUM
Graduation Project: ‘MamaMin’. A portrait of a woman’s life and her sudden, unsolved death
MASTER IN RADIO & TV JOURNALISM (2011) Erasmus University of Brussels, BELGIUM/AUSTRALIA
Graduation Project: ‘Brackish Water’. A look into Aboriginal People living on Milingimbi Island, torn between modern and traditional life